Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Ahoy mateys

I've been thinking about starting this for quite some time. Even though I know nobody will be reading this for the time being, perhaps someday this blog might generate more traffic and you'll check through my archives.

I'll get into what inspired me to start this blog, but I'll start by explaining the name - From Starboard to Port.

If you don't already know, starboard and port are nautical terms, which represent the directions right and left, respectively, while facing forward in a boat, ship, airplane, space ship or other free range vessel.

So you get the idea, starboard to port, right to left. Yes, this will be mainly a politically oriented blog. The title actually represents a transformation I've been making lately. You'll get to know my political views over the course of time. It would probably be difficult to pigeon hole my views as either conservative or liberal. That's because you shouldn't. I'm strictly libertarian --the other white ideology.

I wasn't always this way. I was once a hardcore conservative. Rush Limbaugh dittohead and all. (but that's not for many years) I voted for Bush in 2000. No, I'm not proud of it. I'm even still registered as a Republican.

What happened? Bush happened. Elaborations will come in time.

I really do want to get through to people, especially Republicans like myself, that there are other options. I believe people are libertarians at heart, at least for themselves. Which is part of the problem. People don't always think about the liberty of others. You want liberty for yourself? Then be willing to grant liberty to others. It's the only way.

I'll blog about other things. Like boats, hipsters, dogs, and anything else that comes across my plate. I will keep the nautical terms to a minimum.

Oh yes, what finally inspired this? Eminent Domain. It deserves its own post. It'll probably be posted before you read this.

Thanks for reading. Let's try and keep this ship called America at an even keel. If she lists too far to the port or starboard, she's liable to capsize.

Starboardtoporter

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home